GOB!G Quote of the Day

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

I am not perfect

Of late, I learnt a hard lesson. Probably one of the few hardest ones. And I hope that it has sunken in deep so I remember it for much long.

I've learnt that although I think of myself most of the time as one who has to achieve things in only black or white, and not any other way, it doesn't always work like that. Life doesn't work like that. Life has the little cracks of grey in between the absolute black and absolute white. And it's those lines I have been missing.

I have been overlooking that I can be satisfied with achieving the best that I COULD. That it's ok that I didn't get it in the exact manner or order or colour or mass that I wished to.

Why this lesson is so important to me, why do I need to cherish it? Because my 'the-best-way or the-highway' approach sometimes hurts those close to me. Those important in my life. And even more, those that I interact with in various facets of life itself.

So my lesson learnt of recent: Nobody is perfect. I am not perfect.

But one thing for sure is that I don't have to lose mark of always aiming high. Aiming above the benchmark. For the best that can possibly be. That will always be part of me. I think now it will work best since I have come to the realisation or acceptance that none, as long as human as another average human, is perfect.

_Email this to a friend by clicking on the 'envelope' below_

No comments: