GOB!G Quote of the Day

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Who're the aces in your book, Sir... Mam?

Who are the aces in your book?

Often it happens that we misuse and even abuse our biggest life asset: time. We find ourselves putting on the backburner what we could do right away. This particularly with spending time with family and loved ones – the aces. Not so strangely surprisingly to us, we get a rude awakening whilst on a wasteful path devoting our precious invaluable hours to the wrong people. People who wouldn’t care less about us even if their life dependent on it. Basically, we do find ourselves at a juncture in our lives spending time with people who don’t matter, don’t add value to our lives or the lives of those close to our hearts, or even worse, they simply sap all the right attitude and life out of us.

It’s not such a bad idea to sit back one afternoon and really ponder: ‘who are the aces in my book? Who are the people who truly matter?’ And, in fact, you could even ask yourself, as I’ve been asking myself this past weekend, ‘which people in my life can add value I to? Who can I make a difference in their life with my precious time?’ Doing this equals respecting your own time.

In that way, with that focus, one can be able to determine who they spend their quality time with without being headed for a rude awakening. You can determine whether you’ve been throwing your invaluable asset down a hopeless hole that shouldn’t be dug in the first place. This with a person who wouldn’t give a dime whether you spend time with them or not.

So, who are the aces in your book? You don’t have to pick them. Don’t tick and cross out. I allowed my heart to see those individuals and direct me to the important ones. The ones who smile when they see me. The ones who believe in me. The ones who feel I have a purpose on this earth and are ready to assist me in fulfilling it, even if I don’t even know as yet what I’m supposed to do. They say “it can be done Izz. You can do it”.

And these very individuals are the ones who allow me to do the same in their lives. To make a difference in my own little way and they say “thanks Izz. I really appreciate”. And I’m not only humbled by that I made a difference, but my heart is heightened to a trance dance because they said ‘thank you. I really appreciate it’.

You must see to it that you don’t waste your time with the people who only manage to find reasons to rub of their life sapping attitude. They tell us that life has nothing to offer us as much as we have nothing of value to contribute to it. That we’re just cruising by this planet waiting for the end of our days. Don’t collaborate with this parasitic pack to slowly and silently suck life out of you. Allow your heart to illuminate the names of the aces. And then double their seven star treatment to fourteen – and watch what happens.

_Email this to a friend by clicking on the 'envelope' below_

3 comments:

Admin UD said...

Once again, you've nailed it on the head. I personally, have this attitude of surrounding myself with people better than me, that way i gain more instead of losing :)

Unknown said...

hmmmm....
personally, i agree it is one's decision to choose what to participate in and what not to participate in (ignore all the typos and anything else - trying to rush out of here). A long time ago, i used to help anyone who came to me...i wasted a lot of energy doing that... A lot...like i will juggle so many people's projects while juggling my life and the stress that comes with my life (i have a very stressful life - ignore the smiles). But one day, i realized (okay, i had an interventiion from ppl who cared about me) and i realized that i do not OWE anyone my time. I can contribute to a project ONLY if it has some interest to me, if i learn from it, if i connect with like minded ppl who will like to take the collobaration to a higher level. People i can talk to at an equal footing and be heard and once i learnt that...my life has been so much easier. I cut off a lot of crap out and focused on what will be of benefit to me in the long run... :-)
I am happier for it...
pammy

Vanessa said...

Oh, Izz, that was insightful. Thank you for the nudge. Excellent post. Have a fantastic day! Peace.