GOB!G Quote of the Day

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Life without any limbs but no limits at all, amazing

A friend emailed me pictures of Nick Vujicic this morning, an Austrailian congenital amputee who leads a normal life, at first I didn't believe them and thought they were photoshopped until I visited Nick's site. Nick has no limbs but goes on to achieve everything else that he sets out to achieve and his biggest goal is to be independent - regardless. And watching his video of his typical day, you'd say he surely is already achieving that as it is.

Then I asked myself a question: with everything that I have and more mobility, why is it that I always put for tomorrow what I could do today. Many of us do that. Day in day out, but Nick is not - he kills it today. We're waiting for the perfect day to come for us to achieve our goals - to start working on them. And that day isn't coming because it was yesterday and the next one is today. We're waiting for something extra to happen before we start working on our goals or living the lives that we really desire - and I'm hurting to be in that league although I'm working hard on it. But Nick doesn't wait for any extras. He kills it. And is leading his life there way he desires and helping others at that. See this video below and be inspired and check his site to very how realy it is.



This video material is not my own and is entirely owned by Life Without Limbs, www.lifewithoutlimbs.org. Visit Nick's site to see more pictures, audio and video clips - and may be even recommend him to come speak at your organisation.

===========================================
"Judge of a man by his questions, rather than by his answers." - Voltaire

4 comments:

Admin UD said...

Yea, it's amazing how he's able to achieve all that even with his deformed status. Though, i've read about him, i'm still amazed anytime i read it again!

Chhaya said...

OMG!
i feel ashamed! u r correct. if nick has lived life to the fullest despite being challngd, what is MY EXCUSE?
i promise to be a better person..
nice one Izzy. i m ur fan!
The Twilight Moon

BlogVille Idol said...

HEY bloggers,we are still kicking it on blogville idol ..this is the 2nd to the last session and we have 5 contestants left!pls go to our page and listen the contestants via the voice comment player and vote for ur favorite..pls dont forget to leave us a comment ..tanx PINKPEKE PRODUCTION

Esther Garvi said...

I know exactly what you mean. One of the most fascinating and humbling things I have encountered in Niger is the joy of the leprous people. They often lack hands and feet, but they are the most cheerful people I have met. It makes me reflect on how tragic it is that money has become so important to us, when it in fact is of so little genuine value. Keep up the good work, Izz!